Deep Dive: Yamas & Niyamas
Time & Location
About the Event
Deep Dive: Yamas and Niyamas
The ancient tradition of Yoga offers us hundreds of ways to better know ourselves. One of the most concrete places to start are the Yamas and Niyamas; literally the “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of living a yogic lifestyle. They relate directly to how you behave outwardly in the world and inwardly toward yourself, forming the foundation of yoga practice. Come and learn how these teachings from thousands of years ago are still alive and relevant today. In fact, when applied with the intent to grow and learn, they have the power to spark joy, transformation and healing.
Join this 12-week course to deepen your practice and transform your relationships with not only yourself, but your relationship with the greater world around you.
This course is for you if you are interested in:
- Living an ethical life
- Taking your yoga practice off your mat and into the world
- Joining a global community that celebrates learning, growth and play
- To learn, discuss and apply the teachings of the five Yamas and five Niyamas to spark joy, transformation and healing.
- Classes will include lecture, discussion and breakout sessions
- Weekly practice of one of the Yamas/Niyamas
- Journaling practice with prompts to deepen our learning
- Facebook group to connect us in community
- 1 specialty yoga class themed around Yamas/Niyamas at our closing session for embodied reflection on the previous 12 weeks' practice
Sunday, Feb 28, 1-3PM EST
Sunday, April 4, 1-3PM EST
Saturday, May 8, 1-3PM EST
Cost: $129 + tax